12.01.2014

simple



waxed canvas pouch

waxed canvas pouch

The holidays can be what we make them. They don't have to be overwhelming or hectic, or a time of waste and indulgence. It's too bad that we've gone there. With three children in tow, I think it's especially important that they see the beauty of giving and the joy that can be found in making, sharing, and simplicity.

I have finished my holiday shopping and I made it very easy. I made sturdy pouches for the folks on my list and put one small treasure inside. These hand made bags will last a lifetime and each one is unique, with an original vintage lining. Some are lined with unfinished hand work. They are my favorite.

For teachers, I added a bar of dark chocolate. For our little friend, who is leaving us to travel the world, I included a tiny felted rabbit. For nephews, a book. You get the gist. The one above holds art supplies  for my sweet Della. It is also the perfect size for a Macbook Air 13" if you are looking for that.

I love the tartan lining. It's old yardage from the eighties. I was rocking some serious kilts back then. This plaid was my favorite.

waxed canvas and WW2 military spec. canvas with tartan lining...14 X 10...$48

This bag is not in the shop. Email me at iveypatton@gmail.com and I will ship it your way.

grab a bag and go!


No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for your comment!