8.04.2014

telluride




Lately, I have been finding my inspiration in Telluride, CO. It's a short drive from home and an easy camping getaway. We can sneak away on your average Wednesday and be in a mountain paradise in less than two hours. We set up shop then hop on our bikes to explore. We love the mountain biking and the gondola that delivers you to the top of the mountain for an adrenaline fueled downhill flight. We love the music festivals, the parks, the river, the hiking, the shops, the people watching and get this...the library. We hang out there. That might officially make us nerds, but I love a good library and Telluride has a great one. We go there when it rains, or when the afternoon sun is at it's peak, and settle in with a good book. All libraries should take a hint from this one; it vibrates with energy and inspiration!

Everywhere you want to be is in within walking distance in Telluride. The kids can roam free and explore. There are great food choices both high and low. I would be remiss if I failed to mention the thrift store. My two favorite pairs of jeans came from there...brand new Seven's and Joe's. I try to explain to my husband that the savings on those jeans alone pays for our Telluride sneak aways.

I always come home with fresh ideas and the desire to get them out there. The kids come home happily bushed, and a little bruised but ready to go again!

And how about that bag in the top photo?! I'm loving it! It's the perfect size for a quick weekend trip.You can find one very similar to it in the store!

PS. The oldest has reached a financially unfortunate stage. He still wants ice-cream with his younger siblings and THEN he wants coffee with me.

Telluride,CO
grab a bag and go!